Indiana Pressure Washing Contractor
Midwest Pro Wash
Pressure Washing Guide Forum Index
Pressure Washing Guide
Advice on Pressure Washing Services and DIY Pressure Washing Tips

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pressure Washing Pricing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pressure Washing Guide Forum Index -> Pressure Washing Prices
Midwestpro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Pressure Washing Pricing Reply with quote

It can't really be said what you can expect to pay for a particular pressure washing service because it varies around the country, but here are a few things to consider and to be aware of.

(1) A reputable contractor will almost never give a solid quote right over the phone. An experienced contractor knows there are too many variables that can affect the price from one job to the next. The good news is most of them will offer a free estimate and will put a quote in writing so you know exactly what the exterior cleaning project will cost you. If a contractor willingly quotes you a price over the phone it may be a sign of a fly-by-night company.

You Should Hire the Company that Offers the Lowest Price. Maybe, but not always. Here are some points to consider:

(1) The price you see advertised may not be the price you pay. Many homeowners have learned that the low price they saw advertised was only good until the estimate. Then they were bombarded with a variety of up-charges.

(2) Some contractors' market strategy is to land jobs by being the lowest bidder and then will cut corners in order to turn a profit.

(3) Due to low start up costs, many companies come and go. When first starting up, a lot of companies do not educate themselves, because power washing looks easy and profitable. So, they lack the right equipment, cleaners, insurance, knowledge, professionalism, and normally, will charge an extremely low price.

Contractor Pricing starts with how and where you decide to position your company. If your plan is to just be the lowest bidding guy then good luck. On the other hand, if you want to charge as much as you can per job then position your company to be professional right from the start.

Last edited by Midwestpro on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 6 times in total
TNTPW
Contractor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 is soooo true. Also, to all homeowners, please do not argue with the price. As a contractor we give estimates based on knowledge and experience. I understand that everyone wants the "best" price, but its better to pay a little more now than pay a lot later.
joe_black

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gone the "cheap" route before and I got burned. Live and learn I guess. Thanks for the advice it's so true.

Joe
A-PLUS
Contractor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an example of this.

A lady down the street needed her home washed, so I stopped by, introduced myself and gave her a business card. I found out she was
looking to get it done soon through a friend who works with her.
She tells me she has someone, but thank you.

She went with a $99.00 any house company who uses only high pressure.
When I went by today, you could see black mold on all the seems of the
siding.

Now my price for her house would've been just a hair over double their
price. With that said, she will need her house wash next month and most likely, again in 4 more months.

So her cost for keeping her home visible clean, but not mold free for the
year is $297.00. That is almost 1/3 more than if she would have had it
cleaned properly the first time.
Midwestpro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's called penny smart but pound foolish.

Great example David, this happens all too often.
DavidT73

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days people are going the cheaper route a lot. This really ends up costing them more in the long run but it's the instant savings that they like to see.
plainpainter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think price becomes more and more important - the more and more washing services are viewed as a commodity service. Depending on how you advertise/market your business will reflect the profile of the customers that choose to give you a call. I found that when folks had their homes washed 2 and 3 times in the past - all done by no-name companies that have come and gone - they are the ones that have the view that washing is all the same, and therefore won't pay. I have come to think my area would actually benefit with more Professional competition than just me and then these no-names. More professionals in an area heighten awareness and professionalism and give birth to a healthy market place.

I remember a time when the local yocals in my hometown back in the early 80's were cutting lawns with a dumpy truck and push mowers, they worked dirt cheap. How could anyone have ever taken business away from them - after all a cut lawn is a cut lawn. Fast forward 25 years into the future - and there are mega-million dollar landscape companies that cut those lawns for far more money than those guys could ever get. And there are many more companies in business. Professionalism I believe also creates a larger 'pool' for business to flourish.
Midwestpro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are spot on for sure. It's always been my opinion that there is a market for a more professional better quality service company at a slightly higher price in most any industry.

People that pay for these more premium services understand you can't get a Cadillac for a Volkswagen price. Maybe cut grass is just cut grass or a clean house is just a clean house. But they are paying for an experienced contractor, reduced risk of property damage, uniformed staff, respect of their property, someone who has them in their best interest not just out there to make a buck. A lot of times with this type of higher end contractor quality will be better. Even if it is mowing or cleaning, they find ways of making their service standout and to give the customer a little extra for the price. It's the contractors job to leave the customer feeling like they got a great VALUE regardless of the actual price.
tongyun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the way the economy is going, people are just becoming more and more price sensitive. However, if you want to have the job done right, you have to be willing to pay the price. The woman who paid $99 for her house wash will definitely be paying more in the long run but you just cannot convince some people of that.
Midwestpro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said and very true.
slim1151

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Maintenance Plans Reply with quote

I'm new to deck restoration and have learned much from the different forums. Do any of you guys offer yearly or bi-yearly maintenance plans. I'm thinking of offering this but need a little help on the pricing. Does anyone have a square footage based plan? Thanks
Midwestpro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We offer maintenance every two years. Normally it is about 70% of cost compared to the initial cleaning and sealing.

Square footage price varies depending on many different variables of each specific job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pressure Washing Guide Forum Index -> Pressure Washing Prices All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Indiana Pressure Washing Contractor Service Area Listings.
Click Here to view our Indiana Service Area.

Plymouth | South Bend | Warsaw | Culver | Walkerton | Bremen | Lapaz | Lakeville | Elkhart | Syracuse | Granger
Goshen | Leesburg | Mishawaka | Walkerton | Wyatt | Rochester | Akron | Middlebury | North Liberty | Knox | Winamac
La Porte | Michigan City | Argos | Bourbon | Nappanee | Middlebury | Winona Lake | Valparaiso | Wanatah | New Carlisle

Pressure Washing | Contact Us | About | Testimonials | Free Power Washing Report | Roof Washing Report | Pressure Washing Contractor | Indiana Service Area | Free Power Washing Estimates | Low Pressure Roof Cleaning | Deck Cleaning | Pressure Washing Concrete Pictures | Pressure Washing House Pictures | Pressure Washing Guide | Power Washer Blog

Power Wash