Indiana Pressure Washing Contractor
Midwest Pro Wash
Pressure Washing Guide Forum Index
Pressure Washing Guide
Advice on Pressure Washing Services and DIY Pressure Washing Tips

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using bleach with a pressure washer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pressure Washing Guide Forum Index -> Pressure Washing Chemicals
Aries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Using bleach with a pressure washer Reply with quote

Is this kind of thing even possible? I know it's probably dangerous to use straight bleach in a pressure washer, but is there a bleach-like chemical that can be used with one?

No real reason, just curious.
Midwestpro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the most common chemical injection setup on most pressure washers, the chemicals are injected into the water stream after the pump. This is called down-streaming because the chemicals are introduced into the water stream on the downstream side of the pump. Because of this it is safe to use bleach and other chemicals with your pressure washer, it will not harm the water pump at all.

There is an upstream chemical injector which is self explanatory. In this case the chemicals do run through the pump so other precautions are necessary. This type of injector is pretty rare and does not come standard on most pressure washers.
Aries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I was more or less worried about my own eyes and skin than the washer. I'll see how well this cleans up the side of the house, believe me, the grime would be grounds for a war declaration.
cleanx85

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a legitimate concern, but I think the explanation above is right on. However, I must ask. What are you using bleach on? Sometimes in incidences where there is need for creative or significant cleaning, a professional can be used! I haven't had this situation yet, but if I did, I have heard the angie's list can be a resource. Have you thought about or tried this?

Last edited by cleanx85 on Tue May 17, 2011 8:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Midwestpro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, you have to be careful and ask the right questions when hiring any professional no matter what the ad source. But with that said, Angie's list and Craigslist have had a bad reputation in certain cases and most (not all) professionals steer clear of advertising on them.
JC

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midwestpro wrote:
IMO, you have to be careful and ask the right questions when hiring any professional no matter what the ad source. But with that said, Angie's list and Craigslist have had a bad reputation in certain cases and most (not all) professionals steer clear of advertising on them.

+1
lerbon123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is called down-streaming because the chemicals are introduced into the water stream on the downstream side of the pump.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pressure Washing Guide Forum Index -> Pressure Washing Chemicals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Indiana Pressure Washing Contractor Service Area Listings.
Click Here to view our Indiana Service Area.

Plymouth | South Bend | Warsaw | Culver | Walkerton | Bremen | Lapaz | Lakeville | Elkhart | Syracuse | Granger
Goshen | Leesburg | Mishawaka | Walkerton | Wyatt | Rochester | Akron | Middlebury | North Liberty | Knox | Winamac
La Porte | Michigan City | Argos | Bourbon | Nappanee | Middlebury | Winona Lake | Valparaiso | Wanatah | New Carlisle

Pressure Washing | Contact Us | About | Testimonials | Free Power Washing Report | Roof Washing Report | Pressure Washing Contractor | Indiana Service Area | Free Power Washing Estimates | Low Pressure Roof Cleaning | Deck Cleaning | Pressure Washing Concrete Pictures | Pressure Washing House Pictures | Pressure Washing Guide | Power Washer Blog

Power Wash